Jennifer Lawrence underwent therapy to help overcome social anxiety during childhood
London: Jennifer Lawrence has revealed that she had to seek therapy after suffering extreme social anxiety when she was in school.
The 23-year-old actress said that she was hyperactive, curious about everything and when her mother told about the `Hunger Games` star`s childhood, she always told her that there was like a light in her, a spark that inspired her constantly, Metro.co.uk reported.
Lawrence told French magazine Madame Figaro that when she entered school, the light went out and they never knew what it was, a kind of social anxiety, but she had friends.
She said that she went to see a shrink but nothing worked for her and acting helped overcome her anxieties.
The `Hunger Games` star added that she had finally found a way to open the door to a universe that she understood which was good for her, as she felt capable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall