Jennifer Lopez faced criticisms for her figure
Los Angeles: Singer-actress Jennifer Lopez says she had faced criticisms in the initial days of her career.
The 44-year-old singer, who is known for her curvaceous figure, first ventured into television with `In Living Colour` and was asked to make changes in her body, reported E! Online.
"When I first started on television, people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes," Lopez said.
"But you have to stand up and say, `There`s nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you`re the one with the problem!` And when you can really believe that, all of a sudden other people start believing too," she added.
The singer has five-year-old twins Max and Emme with ex-husband Marc Anthony. She grew up in The Bronx, New York, with her Puerto Rican parents and says her upbringing gave her self-confidence.
"Early on, my family really made me love who I was and what I looked like. My body was nothing out of the ordinary in my neighbourhood," she said.
"I love the family that I grew up in and also the way I was raised, and the intense love we demonstrate," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did Deepika Padukone invite Ranbir, Katrina to `Piku` success party?
- Watch: First song from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan', the peppy 'Selfie Le Le Re'
- Maggi controversy: Amitabh Bachchan may face protest in Odisha on June 5
- Rajkumar Hirani wants to direct Amitabh Bachchan
- Mariah Carey enters online dating world to find her 'Infinity'