Jenny McCarthy insists she is not `anti-vaccine`
Washington: Jenny McCarthy, who was slammed for supposedly not being in favor of vaccinations, has hit back at her critics, insisting she is not `anti-vaccine`.
The 41-year-old `The View` co-host, whose 11-year-old son Evan has autism, explained in a Chicago Sun-Times column that she has repeatedly stated that she`s pro-vaccine, but has always been in the gray zone.
McCarthy has been debating for years that some early childhood vaccines have been associated with children`s developmental disorder.
The actress asserted that she never intended on eliminating the vaccines and had embarked on this quest for all the parents who were looking for options and alternate schedules.
She continued saying that she thinks that parents have the right to choose the amount of poke per visit, since every child is different and shouldn`t receive the same amount of vaccine as the other.
It`s an extremely important issue as `one size does not fit all`, and she`s shocked that the conversations are negated because the answers are not black or white, concluded McCarthy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian artist showcases paintings in Egypt
- Biennale foundation to chose curator for 2016 edition
- I hope after 'Quantico', Indian actors are taken seriously: Priyanka Chopra
- TV show 'Maharana Pratap' completes two years
- Anas Rashid injured on 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' set
- Sarabjit Singh's sister Dalbir Kaur visits 'Veera' set
- Darshan Raval to do cameo in 'Badtameez Dil'
- Check out: Salman Khan goes across the border in 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' teaser
- Want to imbibe Anil's dedication, passion for work: Arjun Kapoor
- Veteran actor Dharmendra hospitalised
- Ajay Devgn to light up box office on Diwali 2016, 2017
- Lewis Hamilton smitten with Kendall Jenner
- Bradley Cooper was 'nervous' before first kiss for film
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- Edward Maya takes Bollywood turn for Indian concert
- I don't care about looking perfect: Melissa McCarthy
- Men prefer brains over big breasts and long legs: Study
- Women more forgiving towards attractive men
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West exploring surrogacy?
- Tracy Morgan settles car crash lawsuit with Walmart
- It's okay to have mental illness: Demi Lovato
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India