Jessie J `being monitored by doctors` amid health fears
London: Jessie J has revealed that doctors are monitoring her after she suffering a stroke when she was 18. The ‘Price Tag’ star undergoes regular checks to ensure her health is not affected by the stress and high-pressure work schedule.
Jessie had the stroke due to her excessive workload and her management have kept a keen eye on the 24-year-old pop star’s medical condition ever since. They are desperately trying to make sure she does not suffer a similar attack.
Speaking about her illness, Jessie has previously said: “I had a stroke when I was 18. I was in a girl band at the time and had, like, four jobs. I was really tired and my body shut down. It made me realise that no matter how much you take care of yourself – I don’t drink, smoke or do drugs – you can always have your life taken away. I thought I wasn’t able to perform again and that experience taught me that you can’t take anything for granted,” she had said.
Since her illness Jessie has taken extra care to ensure she is in the best physical condition. But despite her precautions, friends and family are still concerned by her ever- increasing hectic lifestyle and work commitments.
All of 2011 was spent promoting and touring her smash debut album Who You Are around the world. And she is currently in America working on her second album. She will return to the UK later this month for the live shows of the popular BBC1 talent show.
“Jessie has a history of medical issues and needs to be monitored,” a leading daily has quoted a source close to her as saying.
“She works incredibly hard not only on The Voice but also promoting her album around the world. Add that to the gruelling touring, personal appearances and recording and it would be a lot for anyone to take. It’s not something Jessie really talks about but she still has health check-ups on her condition,” the source said.
Meanwhile, the Brit Award winner hit back at reports claiming she and fellow show coach will.i.am had a bust-up on set.
“I’ve had so much fun so far,” Playing down their rivalry, Jessie said.
“Especially Will and me. We are always getting told off for being too silly. He’s always winding me up, saying ‘Who are you again? How many albums have you had out?’ We love trying to wind each other up both on and off screen,” she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Not Raju Srivastava but Krushna Abhishek to replace Sunil Grover?
- Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone relationship: Bollywood’s Ram-Leela not a couple anymore?
- ‘Baywatch’ new trailer gives us another glimpse of Priyanka Chopra – WATCH
- Fight on flight: Did Kapil Sharma slap, hit Sunil Grover with a shoe?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall