JK Rowling saved Evanna Lynch from anorexia
London: ‘Harry Potter’ star Evanna Lynch has revealed how the book’s author saved her from anorexia.
The Irish actress had the deadly eating disorder for two years from 11 and wrote to J K Rowling begging for help, reports the Sun.
“I told her the books gave me hope, particularly Luna Lovegood,” said Evanna, who went on to play the character in the films.
“I told how I looked up to her. She wrote back and was like a counsellor. She told me anorexia is destructive, not creative, and the brave thing was not to succumb to it,” she added.
“I told her I`d love to be in the films and she encouraged that but said I`d need to be well to do so. In the end I think that`s why I recovered,” said Evanna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall