John Lennon would have been strong and healthy today, says Yoko Ono
New York: Yoko Ono, who was married to John Lennon for 11 years, has opened about what she thinks the late singer would have been like at the age of 72 had he been alive.
“I think he would be strong and healthy, like he was. He had an extremely good sense of humour. He was funny and he was extremely wise,” the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
“I think he still would be,” she added.
The founder of ‘Beatles’ was shot in the back four times by Mark David Chapman, for whom he had autographed a copy of ‘Double Fantasy’ earlier that evening, at the entrance to the building in December 1980 as he returned to his New York apartment in the Dakota with Ono.
Lennon was taken to the emergency room of the nearby Roosevelt Hospital and later pronounced dead on arrival.
The singer was born in war-time England on 9th October, 1940.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oscars 2017: Academy offers apology on best picture announcement gaffe
- Bob Harper suffers a heart attack, now recovering
- Disha Patani dancing to Ed Sheeran's 'Shape Of You' song is the coolest thing you will WATCH today
- Deepika Padukone finally breaks her silence on comparisons with Priyanka Chopra
- Oscars 2017 weirdest TV finale since 'Lost', says Jimmy Kimmel
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall