Jude Law never takes painkillers
London: Actor Jude Law has claimed that he has never taken drugs, even prescription ones.
The 40-year-old actor, who will be seen playing a psychiatrist in Steven Soderbergh`s thriller `Side Effects`, said he never even takes headache tablets because his mother had banned them since his childhood, reported Contactmusic.
"I grew up in a family where I didn`t even get headache tablets. My mother wasn`t a health freak, but she had strong principles. In the 70s, that was just becoming popular: we shouldn`t eat this and that, or not watch TV that much. And a dislike of painkillers and pills was a part of it," Jude said.
The `Cold Mountain` star said that he is glad that he never had to resort to drugs because of his upbringing.
"My family mainly had this martyr-like north English attitude: don`t complain, it will be fine. If you are cold, put a pullover on. And if you hurt yourself, just get up again.
"I just have no relation to medicine and until now, I have been lucky not to need them for emotional or psychological reasons - fingers crossed!," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Happy Birthday' set for public domain after long feud
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms