Jude Law never takes painkillers
London: Actor Jude Law has claimed that he has never taken drugs, even prescription ones.
The 40-year-old actor, who will be seen playing a psychiatrist in Steven Soderbergh`s thriller `Side Effects`, said he never even takes headache tablets because his mother had banned them since his childhood, reported Contactmusic.
"I grew up in a family where I didn`t even get headache tablets. My mother wasn`t a health freak, but she had strong principles. In the 70s, that was just becoming popular: we shouldn`t eat this and that, or not watch TV that much. And a dislike of painkillers and pills was a part of it," Jude said.
The `Cold Mountain` star said that he is glad that he never had to resort to drugs because of his upbringing.
"My family mainly had this martyr-like north English attitude: don`t complain, it will be fine. If you are cold, put a pullover on. And if you hurt yourself, just get up again.
"I just have no relation to medicine and until now, I have been lucky not to need them for emotional or psychological reasons - fingers crossed!," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall