Judi Dench battles to save eyesight
London: Bond actress Dame Judi Dench is trying to save her eyesight from a disease which can lead to blindness. It has already left her unable to read scripts. The 77-year-old star has been diagnosed with age-related macular degeneration, which has been robbing her of her sight, reports a website.
"I can`t read scripts anymore because of the trouble with my eyes. And so somebody comes in and reads them to me, like telling me a story. It`s usually my daughter or my agent or a friend and actually I like that, because I sit there and imagine the story in my mind," she said.
Her mother too suffered with the same disease, but Dench hopes her recent treatment will help stop the progressive decline.
"I`ve got what my ma had, macular degeneration, which you get when you get old. I had wet in one eye and dry in the other and they had to do these injections and I think it`s arrested it. I hope so. The most distressing thing is in a restaurant in the evening I can`t see the person I`m having dinner with," revealed the actress.
But she insisted she was determined not to let the condition beat her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Has this former Australian cricketer been approached for ‘Housefull 4’?
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Single Indian women want to write their own marriage vows
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall