Kathy Bates undergoes mastectomy to remove breast cancer
Los Angeles: Oscar-winning actress Katy Bates has undergone a double mastectomy to remove breast cancer.
The 64-year-old actress has survived ovarian cancer nine years ago but received the news that she had breast cancer several weeks ago, reported People magazine.
"Sorry for the long silence. I was diagnosed with breast cancer two months ago and am recovering from a double mastectomy," Bates tweeted.
"After much consideration, I underwent a double mastectomy. Luckily, I don`t have to undergo radiation or chemo. My family call me Kat because I always land on my feet and thankfully this is no exception," she said.
The veteran actress is looking positively to the future, saying, "My doctors have assured me I`m going to be around for a long time. I`m looking forward to getting back to work doing what I love to do."
Having appeared in films such as `Titanic` and `PS I Love You`, Bates won the Academy Award for `Misery` (1990).
More recently she has appeared in such films as `The Day the Earth Stood Still` and `The Blind Side`, as well as TV series `Six Feet Under` and `The Office`.
Emmy-nominated this year for her role as the feisty Harriet Korn in `Harry`s Law`, Bates earned a second citation for her guest slot on `Two and a Half Men`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall