Katy Perry controls anxiety with medicines
Los Angeles: Singer Katy Perry says she consumes Beta blockers - a drug that treats migraine, high blood pressure and anxiety - every time before going on stage to perform.
The 29-year-old said that she takes pills before getting on stage at her concerts because she doesn`t want her nervousness to jeopardise her music career.
"I have to take Beta blockers, I get so nervous. I think I have to get through this. I can`t let these people down, but mostly I can`t let myself down," said Perry.
"I`ve been given a great opportunity and there are 500 bi****s behind me who will snatch my weave off my head if I don`t kick-ball-change through this two-hour show. There is a lot of choice out there. All I`m trying to do is make great music," added the singer.
She also said that she would never mix a drug with alcohol, as it can lead to decreased heart activity. However, she doesn`t mind a glass of champagne when she finishes a show.
"I always have one drink waiting for me when I get off stage - a glass of champagne," said Perry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Priyanka Chopra talks about wedding plans, says 'I believe you are single until you are married'
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall