Katy Perry meditates every morning
London: Pop star Katy Perry has revealed she begins every day with a meditation session to prepare her for work.
The 28-year-old singer practices the ancient Indian technique every morning while sitting on her bed with her eyes closed for about 20 minutes to make sure she is relaxed and in a good mood before she starts work, reported Contactmusic.
"I start the day with transcendental meditation. It puts me in the best mood. I wake up and just prop myself up in bed for 20 minutes. It`s the only time my mind gets absolute rest. When I`m asleep, my subconscious mind is switched on and, when I`m awake, I`m alert," Perry said.
The `Roar` hitmaker also takes vitamins to give her an afternoon `energy boost`, which she believes helps her with digestion too.
"Like everyone I have a four o`clock slump. I take vitamins after lunch and they give me an energy boost. I have iron, vitamins B, C and D and probiotics, which help with my digestion," Perry added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamaal R Khan rips apart Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay', leaks opening scene online
- Shah Rukh Khan shares priceless moments with acid attack survivors
- Attention ladies, check out the best tips to dress up this festive season
- Nervous Zoya Akhtar got drunk before first day of 'Luck By Chance' shoot
- Akshay Kumar and family to celebrate Diwali in Maldives?
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall