Kevin Federline released from hospital after heart-attack scare
Melbourne: Britney Spears’ ex-husband Kevin Federline is recuperating at home after collapsing during a challenge on a reality weight-loss show ‘Excess Baggage’.
The 33-year-old former dancer was doing a challenge with AFLs new Greater Western Sydney team on Monday, when he displayed symptoms of minor cardiac arrest.
He was rushed to Mt Druitt Hospital by an ambulance, where an ECG, later revealed that he hadn’t suffered a heart attack.
A spokesman for production company Fremantle Media revealed that Federline was released from hospital late Monday night after having undergone further tests.
“Excess Baggage contestant Kevin Federline has been given the all-clear after spending the day in medical care,” the Herald Sun quoted the spokesman as saying.
“Kevin and producers became concerned with his extreme pulse rate and abnormal heart beat during a week six challenge of the program. The program medic took the action of calling an ambulance so that a hospital could assess his well-being.
After more tests, he was released late last night,” he said.
The spokesman also divulged that while Federline is recovering at home, he would undergo more tests before returning to the show later this week.
“Kevin is now at home with his family and will undergo further investigation with a cardiologist today,
“He is expected to be back on set Friday,” he said.
Earlier a spokesman for Nine had said that the challenge was not considered dangerous and was a running and catching warm-up drill used by AFL players.
Host Kate Ceberano attributed Federline’s condition to his recent attempt at quitting booze in his battle against the bulge and felt that his body may have simply become unable to cope with the strain of change.
“Im very concerned about his current condition,” she said.
“There are things in all the contestants that they want to conquer.
“I know (he) has been giving up drinking and doing a variety of different things to help his nutrition and his health and sometimes when you change things too suddenly it can happen,” she said.
Ceberano described Federline as the “underdog” of the competition.
“Hes very quiet, very gentle,
“Hes a really lo-fi guy,” she said.
It is the second time this series the US star has been taken to hospital. He was treated for “heat stress” during a challenge in West Australia’s Kimberley region.
Federline, who shares the custody of two boys with Spears, weighed into the competition nine weeks ago at 105kg and said he wanted to “become fit, healthy and buff once more”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Daddy's lil girl' Priyanka Chopra moved by a video clip shared by fan!
- Check out: Sexiest FHM covers featuring Bollywood hotties
- OMG! Malaika Arora Khan to be replaced on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' by THIS actress?
- Jiah Khan suicide: Prosecution seeks murder charge against Sooraj Pancholi
- Sonakshi Sinha is twinning with mommy in this 'throwback pic'—See inside!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall