New Delhi: Dig into sprouts, kiwi, yogurt and other nutritious food items for a radiant skin, says an expert.
Here are some of the beauty essentials suggested by capital-based dermatologist Navin Taneja:
* Protein repairs damaged tissue. Eatables like eggs, yogurt and beans offer a good dose of protein.
* Eat foods high in antioxidants that help protect your skin from damage. Cherries, blueberries and other deeply coloured berries are best source of antioxidant. They help you in fighting off blemishes.
* Essential fatty acids help to retain the elasticity of the skin and are good fats which must be included in the diet. Walnut is the type of nut that contains significant amount of omega-3 fatty acid. Other great sources of fatty acids are spinach, cauliflower and broccoli.
* Vitamins help to keep the skin hydrated and make it glow. Food such as papaya, strawberries, kiwi, orange, guava, sprouts and green leafy vegetables are rich in vitamins and help to enhance the radiance of the skin.
* Essential minerals like zinc and sulphur are a must in one’s diet to prevent acne and skin related issues. Minerals are also responsible for rebuilding keratin and collagen that are important ingredients for glowing skin and shiny hair. Pumpkin, mushroom and sunflower seed are high in minerals.