Lady Gaga to undergo hip surgery
Los Angeles: Singer Lady Gaga has cancelled further concerts for her Born This Way Ball tour as she needs to undergo an emergency surgery of her right hip.
The 26-year-old has been forced to cancel all the remaining US dates of the tour after she suffered a severe injury on her right hip. It has been causing her chronic pain, reports contactmusic.com.
A statement was posted on the 26-year-old star`s official website Wednesday.
It read: "Live Nation Global Touring has confirmed that the remainder of the Lady Gaga `Born This Way Ball` performances have been cancelled.
"After additional tests this morning to review the severity of the issue, it has been determined that Lady Gaga has a labral tear of the right hip. She will need surgery to repair the problem, followed by strict down time to recover."
The announcement came just one day after the singer issued a public apology following the cancellation of four shows due to the injury. Gaga revealed she could barely walk due to the inflammation of her joints, known as synovitis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall