Leslie Phillips recovering after minor stroke
London: Actor Leslie Phillips is recuperating in hospital after he suffered a minor stroke during a bus journey.
The 90-year-old `Carry On` star experienced pain in his arm, while he was travelling home with wife Zara after a shopping trip, reports suggest.
The actor was taken to the hospital, where his condition is said to be stable now but he is expected to spent at least a month.
"I`m too young to pop off just yet. I`ve got everything to live for," Phillips said.
Doctors have apparently praised the quick action of the actor`s wife who immediately called an ambulance when her husband began experiencing pains.
"Leslie`s got a strong constitution; he`s a fighter, and while he isn`t in too good a shape at the moment, he`s a little bit grumpy today which I look upon as a good sign. It tells me he`s on the road to recovery.
"I`m 100 per cent hopeful of him making a full recovery and of being able to take him back home," said Zara, who got married to Phillips last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' reintroduced me to entertainment industry: Shamita Shetty
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall