Lil Wayne discharged from hospital
Los Angeles: Rapper Lil Wayne has been released from the hospital where he was taken after suffering a seizure last week, his publicist has said.
The 30-year-old`s hospitalisation at Cedars-Sinai Medical Centrer triggered media reports that he was near death, reported CNN online.
Mack Maine, the president of Wayne`s label Young Money, thanked the hospital.
"Lil Wayne has been officially been released and is headed home... God is great," he tweeted.
An online report that Wayne was near death and on life support Friday cause panic among his fans and caused the micro-blogging site to light up with messages of concern.
"I`m good everybody. Thanx for the prayers and love," Wayne had tweeted Friday evening.
The rapper, who has been in and out of hospital recently, allegedly suffered seizures because of a "sizzurp" binge.
`Sizzurp` is a mix of cough syrup, hard candy and soft drinks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rana Daggubati, Taapsee Pannu's 'The Ghazi Attack' to strike patriotic chord
- What made Sanjay Leela Bhansali believe that Deepika Padukone's 'Padmavati' has kick started!
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2' new teaser trailer takes excitement up a notch
- Winter special: Five non-alcoholic drinks to tackle cold
- Iulia Vantur finally opens up about marriage rumours with Salman Khan!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall