Losing baby weight was hard: Kim Kardashian
London: Reality TV star Kim Kardashian says losing the 50lbs, she gained in pregnancy, was the greatest challenge of her life.
The 33-year-old has lost the 50lbs she gained during her pregnancy with baby North, her first child, born in June but admits it was a particularly difficult task, reported Contactmusic.
"I can honestly say it was the greatest challenge of my life," she said.
Kardashian explained how her larger figure during pregnancy was caused by preeclampsia, a serious condition which raises blood pressure, and also the reason North was delivered over a month early.
"That was a cause for a lot of the swelling and at the time I didn`t know what was going on. I got on the scale today and it said that I am 50lbs down. That made me so excited."
She wasn`t pictured in public for months after the birth as she embarked on an exercise regime and strict high-protein Atkins diet to lose her weight, but denies she and North`s father, Kanye West, were in hiding.
"I just wanted to have time with her and be with her. This was the one time in life that I could just take off and spend time as a family with me, and him and the baby. So we both took a maternity leave."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Raees: Sunny Leone's Dubsmash of Shah Rukh Khan's dialogue is too good to miss – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan finds his conversations with son AbRam 'most enlightening'
- Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan to recreate 'Karan Arjun' magic in Kabir Khan's 'Tubelight'
- Priyanka Chopra talks about wedding plans, says 'I believe you are single until you are married'
- Alia Bhatt's Filmfare win: You will be amazed to know how father Mahesh Bhatt celebrated
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall