Love helped Kelly Clarkson lose 18 pounds
Los Angeles: Singer Kelly Clarkson, who is dating Brandon Blackstock, says being in love made it easier for her to lose 18 pounds.
She has shed loads of weight since meeting her fiance because she wanted to look good for him. Blackstock proposed the 30-year-old in December last year after just nine months of dating.
"I lost 18 pounds. And I think that happens when you fall in love or date someone. If I am going to be messing around, I got to look good," Clarkson told Cosmopolitan magazine, reports contactmusic.com.
She added that "there`s not a fad diet". She worked with a trainer and said halving your portions (meals) does wonders.
"I just cut back my portions, I stopped eating late at night, and I work out a little more than I used to, and I literally dropped 18 pounds in a month. I think it happens when you get really busy. But when I am on my off-time, those 18 might come back," Clarkson said.
The newly engaged singer says despite feeling the pressure to slim down she was not willing to go on a crash diet.
"I am not willing to do that. I am willing to work a little bit because I want to be a healthy individual, which I always have been. I have put on weight, but that`s just what I am happy with at that moment," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall