Loved ones got Mischa Barton through depression
Los Angeles: Actress Mischa Barton gives credit to her supportive friends for helping her cope with depression. She feels "having people who love you is more important than anything".
The 27-year-old was sectioned for two weeks under the US mental health act in 2009.
"Music is massively important to me because I play a bunch of instruments. I read tons and I write poetry, anything creative is a good outlet," femalefirst.co.uk quoted Barton as saying.
"I`ve always had a great support network around me. I`ve been really blessed with a lot of older figures in my life to turn to in a moment of need and that`s really important," she said.
"Having people who love you is more important than anything, whether the public is busy loving you or not at that moment. I have stayed relatively strong because I`ve got those great people," added Barton.
‘The Sixth Sense’ actress believes the worst of her problems are now behind her.
"I think actors are complicated souls. Everybody has different layers and deals with things in different ways. As you get older, things just calm down," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Love blooms amidst wrestling! Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma look delightful in 'Sultan' still
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Bid goodbye to frizzy hair this monsoon
- Tired of boring office attires? Pump up with fresh style hacks this season
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall