Maggie Gyllenhaal gives birth to baby girl
Los Angeles: ‘The Dark Knight’ star Maggie Gyllenhaal has given birth to her second daughter, Gloria Ray, with husband Peter Sarsgaard. The 34-year-old actress, who married Sarsgaard in 2009, gave birth to a sibling for her five-year-old Ramona on April 19 in New York, reported a magazine.
The ‘Secretary’ actress tried to keep her pregnancy under wraps until the second trimester but said she found it difficult to keep the information low key.
"I find it difficult to pretend you`re not pregnant, which I had to do. I didn`t let anyone know until three and a half months this time. I went to film festivals. I`m throwing up in the bathroom and having to keep pretzels in my purse, and having to fit into dresses," she said.
Sarsgaard, 41, said the couple was happy to know the gender of the baby as it would give them enough time to choose names before the baby was born.
"It`s the nice thing about knowing the gender of a child; you don`t have to call it `it,` which gets really weird after seven months in. So we`ve been trying out a few names, but nothing solid," he said.
Gyllenhaal was in a relationship with ‘The Dead Man Walking’ actor since 2002. The pair got engaged in 2006 and gave birth to their first daughter in the same year. The two tied the knot in Italy in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Sidharth Malhotra extends his obsession for pets
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall