Malaria battle opened Cheryl Cole’s eyes to healthy living
London: Cheryl Cole`s battle against malaria opened her eyes to healthy living.
The former `X Factor` judge caught the disease after visiting Africa last year and although she was hospitalised, she insists it did benefit her as it made her focus more on the important things in life, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"It opened my eyes to health and things I hadn`t focused on before. It`s now less about work, work, work and more about taking time to chill and be with my friends and family," she said.
The 28-year-old singer was left bed-ridden by the effects of malaria. She has revealed the disease ate away her muscles and turned her complexion yellow.
"I was yellow because of my kidneys, it was a bit like jaundice. It was hard to find a matching foundation, let me tell you," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shraddha Kapoor breaks the style code in latest Harper's Bazaar cover! – See pic
- Monsoon getaway: Bigg Boss contestant Mandana Karimi rocks in white while holidaying in Goa- See pic
- Monsoon trouble for shoes? Best tips to save your footwear this rainy season
- 'Rustom': The re-invention of Akshay Kumar
- Milkha Singh launches 'Read India' initiative
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall