Many women not aware about weight gain
Washington: Many people believe that women, who are fanatical about their weight, are quite conscious about every calorie they consume and each new pound they gain.
But a new study has revealed that for a number of women, this fact does not hold true.
University of Texas Medical Branch researchers found that a significant number of women evaluated at six-month intervals did not recognize recent gains in weight, the Discovery News reported.
Researchers took into consideration 466 women of various ethnicities over 36 months and found that almost one-third of women did not notice a weight gain of approximately 4.5 pounds over a six-month time, and one-quarter of women did not observe a weight gain of nearly 9 pounds over the same period.
The study, which is considered to be the first to explore the accuracy of self-perception of recent weight gain, found that African-American women and women who used DMPA users (the birth control shot), were more likely than white or Hispanic women to notice their weight gain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall