Mathew McConaughey sheds 18 kg for movie role
Los Angeles: Actor Matthew McConaughey has lost about 18 kg for a movie role, and despite the drastic weightloss he says he is "as healthy as can be".
He has lost pounds to play a skeletal AIDS victim in his latest movie "The Dallas Buyer`s Club", and his lean frame is giving fans some cause for concern.
However, McConaughey insists his extreme dieting isn`t taking a toll on his health as he is relying on a healthy diet of fish to keep his energy levels up, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"I feel fine. I really do. I`m eating fresh fish. I`m just eating small amounts. I`m not being starved. If anything, it`s as much a spiritual journey as it is physical. I have body soreness. (But) I`m as healthy as can be. My blood pressure, everything`s fine," he told TheDailyBeast.com.
The "Magic Mike" star had earlier said he will indulge in a greasy cheeseburger once filming on the drama ends, but he now accepts he won`t be able to do so straight away, especially after dieting so much.
"You can`t just start eating cheeseburgers and ice cream. Your body will go into shock," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall