Matthew Perry talks about alcohol addiction and opening home to help other addicts
Washington: Matthew Perry has opened up about his struggle with alcohol addiction and how he managed to get sober.
The former ` Friends` star told People magazine that he had a big problem with alcohol and pills and he couldn`t stop.
The actor, 43, said that things eventually got so bad that he couldn`t hide it, and then everybody knew.
But after battling with alcohol and Vicodin addictions for years, the star finally got sober.
He asserted to the publication that he sought help after something clicked.
Perry is now devoted to helping other addicts and has turned his former Malibu beach house into a men`s sober living facility called Perry House.
He has also become a passionate supporter for drug courts, which help non-violent substance abusers to get treatment instead of incarceration for their offenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Valentine's Day 2016: Fill your abode with positivity on the day of love!
- New short film for Valentine's Day
- With 'Neerja' Sonam Kapoor might find herself: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- Shah Rukh Khan's car attacked in Ahmedabad while shooting for 'Raees'
- You will love this! Robust Salman Khan freezes frame with Anushka Sharma for 'Sultan'-- See pic
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms