Matthew Perry talks about alcohol addiction and opening home to help other addicts
Washington: Matthew Perry has opened up about his struggle with alcohol addiction and how he managed to get sober.
The former ` Friends` star told People magazine that he had a big problem with alcohol and pills and he couldn`t stop.
The actor, 43, said that things eventually got so bad that he couldn`t hide it, and then everybody knew.
But after battling with alcohol and Vicodin addictions for years, the star finally got sober.
He asserted to the publication that he sought help after something clicked.
Perry is now devoted to helping other addicts and has turned his former Malibu beach house into a men`s sober living facility called Perry House.
He has also become a passionate supporter for drug courts, which help non-violent substance abusers to get treatment instead of incarceration for their offenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall