McConaughey found dieting tough
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey says he found it tough to diet for a leaner look for his new movie `Dallas Buyers Club`.
McConaughey play Aids victim Ron Woodroof in the film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
"It was tough going, I`m not going to lie. The dieting was pretty hardcore. I was losing 7 lbs (little over 3 kgs) every week," femalefirst.co.uk quoted McConaughey as saying.
"I`d have a diet coke, two egg whites in the morning, a piece of chicken, then another diet coke. That was rough," he said.
"I got down to nine-and-a-half stone (almost 60 kgs) and I was always hungry, and irritable. My body resembled a little baby bird with its mouth open, crying `feed me, feed me` and you realise momma bird ain`t going to feed you. It`s hard," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!