McConaughey found dieting tough
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey says he found it tough to diet for a leaner look for his new movie `Dallas Buyers Club`.
McConaughey play Aids victim Ron Woodroof in the film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
"It was tough going, I`m not going to lie. The dieting was pretty hardcore. I was losing 7 lbs (little over 3 kgs) every week," femalefirst.co.uk quoted McConaughey as saying.
"I`d have a diet coke, two egg whites in the morning, a piece of chicken, then another diet coke. That was rough," he said.
"I got down to nine-and-a-half stone (almost 60 kgs) and I was always hungry, and irritable. My body resembled a little baby bird with its mouth open, crying `feed me, feed me` and you realise momma bird ain`t going to feed you. It`s hard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani': Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's big 'champion' win at Filmfare 2016!
- Boyfriend goals: Ranveer Singh ecstatic with Deepika Padukone's 'xXx' rage!-- See pic
- Sunny Deol's 'Ghayal Once Again' rakes in Rs 26.85 cr!
- Akshay-Nimrat's 'Airlift' roars at the Box Office, mints Rs 121.74 cr!
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms