McConaughey found dieting tough
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey says he found it tough to diet for a leaner look for his new movie `Dallas Buyers Club`.
McConaughey play Aids victim Ron Woodroof in the film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
"It was tough going, I`m not going to lie. The dieting was pretty hardcore. I was losing 7 lbs (little over 3 kgs) every week," femalefirst.co.uk quoted McConaughey as saying.
"I`d have a diet coke, two egg whites in the morning, a piece of chicken, then another diet coke. That was rough," he said.
"I got down to nine-and-a-half stone (almost 60 kgs) and I was always hungry, and irritable. My body resembled a little baby bird with its mouth open, crying `feed me, feed me` and you realise momma bird ain`t going to feed you. It`s hard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kishwer Merchant opens up about her wedding plans with boyfriend Suyyash Rai! – Read more
- Uttarakhand HC stays Rakesh Roshan's arrest
- Look what Kareena Kapoor has to say about pregnancy
- Aamir Khan was offered Hollywood projects! Know why he declined them
- Attention Katrina Kaif fans – here’s good news for you
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall