McConaughey found dieting tough
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Matthew McConaughey says he found it tough to diet for a leaner look for his new movie `Dallas Buyers Club`.
McConaughey play Aids victim Ron Woodroof in the film, directed by Jean-Marc Vallee.
"It was tough going, I`m not going to lie. The dieting was pretty hardcore. I was losing 7 lbs (little over 3 kgs) every week," femalefirst.co.uk quoted McConaughey as saying.
"I`d have a diet coke, two egg whites in the morning, a piece of chicken, then another diet coke. That was rough," he said.
"I got down to nine-and-a-half stone (almost 60 kgs) and I was always hungry, and irritable. My body resembled a little baby bird with its mouth open, crying `feed me, feed me` and you realise momma bird ain`t going to feed you. It`s hard," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- The Inspiring Journey Of Classic Beauty J Jayalalithaa In The World Of Celluloid
- Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, other film stars express condolence over Jayalalithaa's demise
- Shahid Kapoor sets makeshift gym for 'Padmavati' role!
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- 'Befikre' Aditya Chopra makes RARE appearance; pens heart-warming letter on why Ranveer Singh starrer is his 'second first film'!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall