Mel B struggled to lose weight after childbirth
Wellington: Mel B has revealed that it was not easy for her to lose weight after giving birth to a child.
The former Spice Girl, whose real name is Melanie Brown, was named the latest spokesperson for the Australia and New Zealand branch of weight loss program Jenny Craig towards the end of last year.
She has already succeeded in reaching her goal weight after losing 15 kg in just six months after giving birth to her daughter Madison.
The 36-year-old singer spoke about the struggles of shedding the excess weight in the glare of the public eye.
“You know what, it’s not easy losing weight, and especially when you’re doing it in front of everyone,” Stuff.co.nz quoted her as saying on the Kyle and Jackie O Radio show.
“It’s a bit embarrassing, but I kind of had to do it. I was fat!” she said.
Brown has posed on the cover of Australian tabloid magazine Woman’s Day to show off the results of her exercise and diet regime and is thrilled with the results.
“The six-pack is back! I’m the same girl from 15 years ago ... losing weight has made me the best mum possible. My energy’s up!” she told the publication.
She also revealed that she can now fit into her 13-year-old daughter Phoenix Chi’s jeans.
“Well, the jeans were mine in the first place.
“She stole them off me when I was pregnant, but now I fit back into them. So I’m taking them back, one by one,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Goa festival to discuss ban on Pakistani artistes
- A little lie may make you a big liar
- Kareena Kapoor Khan gives thumbs up to brother Ranbir Kapoor's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'!
- Singer Pete Burns dies of heart attack at 57
- #Sandesh2Soldiers campaign: Aamir Khan, Salman and Akshay Kumar's special message to soldiers on Diwali
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall