Mental breakdown remarks were blown out of proportion: Zoe Saldana
London: Actress Zoe Saldana has for the first time addressed the mental breakdown rumours following the success of ‘Avatar’, insisting the incident was completely blown out of proportion.
The 34-year-old, who shot to super stardom in 2009 after featuring in James Cameron`s sci-fi epic, said the media made too much of the quotes she gave and it really was not as bad, reported Daily Star.
"That was completely blown out of proportion. That was so exaggerated and so ridiculous. It`s no different than what a child does after you`ve had a birthday party for a child. The child has been so stimulated by everybody, in every direction, consistently, you feel depleted.
"You use so much serotonin that you feel, not empty, but you feel a little tired and depleted and you have to fill your well of energy and of happiness and you have to pay attention to you," she said.
After the completion of the film, Saldana had said she has been left mentally exhausted and had suffered an emotional breakdown.
"The year after Avatar was just emotionally overwhelming. I was traveling all over the world, waking up in different time zones. Your body gets exhausted, and by the end of the year I just collapsed...
"I was sitting in my hotel room, and I couldn`t stop crying. I couldn`t stay awake. I must have slept for an entire month. It took me the rest of the year, even as I was working and shooting `Colombiana`, to pick myself up. Thank God my family was there," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' poster: Vidyut Jammwal is blinded by money
- Jackie Chan, Sonu Sood's 'Kung Fu Yoga' trailer is the most action-packed thing you will WATCH today!
- Zahara Jolie-Pitt's biological mother seeks access to her?
- Really inspired by what Deepika, Priyanka are doing: Dev Patel
- 5 Doordarshan shows from 90s we would like to see make a comeback
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall