Mothers` eating habits influence kids` taste buds
Washington: Mothers fond of drinking or having junk food must watch out, as their children keep on monitoring such habits and can go on to adopt them in future, says a study.
According to researchers at Michigan State University, those who eat a healthy diet at home set the best example for children who subconsciously monitor every mouthful, a leading daily has reported.
Scientists, who studied eating habits of low-income families, found that the mothers who want their children to eat well should adopt healthy eating habits themselves and encourage their children to eat decent foods.
Those that use force, rewards or punishments to encourage their children to eat vegetables were far less successful, it was found.
Lead researcher and nutrition expert Sharon Hoerr said: "Mothers should stop forcing or restricting their kids` eating.
"They`d be better off providing a healthy food environment, adopting balanced eating habits themselves and covertly controlling their children`s diet quality by not bringing less healthy foods into the house."
The study appears in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- `Ae Dil Hai Mushkil` controversy: Pahlaj Nihalani lashes out at film associations backing MNS
- Birthday girl Parineeti Chopra comes home to an amazing surprise
- Shopping for children? Here are some essential dos and don'ts
- Box Office report: Sushant Singh Rajput's 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' becomes second highest grosser of 2016
- Producers Guild not to work with Pakistani artistes in future, MNS allows release of Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall