Mumford & Sons star released from hospital
London: Mumford & Sons bassist Ted Dwane has been released from hospital after undergoing surgery to treat a blood clot on his brain.
The musician was admitted to a medical facility to receive treatment for the condition, forcing the band to axe three upcoming shows, reported Daily Star.
The folk rockers had hoped to resume their tour at the Bonnaroo festival in Manchester, Tennessee over the weekend, but they will have to forgo that gig as well as a set at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival in Colorado and a show in Bonner Springs, Kansas next week.
A post on the band`s official Facebook page read, "It is with great joy that we can announce that Ted has been discharged from hospital and is on the road to a full recovery. The surgery went well, and the excellent medical team helping him are very pleased with his progress.
"He has been nothing short of heroic in how he has handled the whole ordeal, and now it has been medically proved that he does indeed have a brain.
"...On behalf of Ted, and all of us really, we would like to thank every one for their compassion and support at this time and we are very excited to get back out on tour as soon as we can."
The band is due to headline Britain`s legendary Glastonbury festival on June 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of 'Aligarh': Hansal Mehta looks back at film journey
- Ayesha Takia slams haters, says 'I love myself and you should love yourself too'
- Ranveer Singh working round the clock to meet deadlines
- Hrithik Roshan to launch his own workout regime
- Rani Mukerji to make comeback with women centric film 'Hichki'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall