My songs saved me from depression: Lionel Richie
London: Singer Lionel Richie says he was saved from depression following his divorce by listening to his own songs.
The `Hello` hitmaker admits he was broken in the mid-1990s following the death of his father and the breakdown of his marriage to first wife Brenda Harvey, reported Contactmusic.
"I went through a painful period in my life when I lost my father and got divorced at the same time. Then a friend said to me, `Lionel, I have some inspirational tapes I want you to listen to`.
"He handed me my own songs with certain ones underlined and I started listening to my lyrics - this time from the point of view of someone who needed that message. My friend said, `You already know the answers. You have done it for other people for years, it`s time for you to listen to yourself`. I used to look out into the audience and wonder why that guy was crying to one of my songs and now I get it - it just hits something in your core," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall