Myanmar promotes healthy diet, breastfeeding
Yangon: Myanmar has launched a month-long campaign to promote healthy diet and breastfeeding, vital for the development of the mother and her kids.
Organised jointly by the National Nutrition Centre, international and local NGOs, and the Unicef, the campaign will devote August`s first week on breastfeeding and the remaining period on nutrition, the UN children`s fund said in a statement.
The nutritional awareness programme will target children under five, and pregnant and lactating mothers. It will also highlight the need to eliminate iodine deficiency, Xinhua reported.
Since 2008, Myanmar`s nutrition promotion month has been held in August every year. Unicef works in over 150 nations, including Myanmar, to protect the lives of children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth leaves Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir behind
- Shraddha Kapoor reveals her wardrobe essentials
- Bigg Boss season 10: Wild card entry Jason Shah exits Salman Khan’s show?
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall