New Year resolution - indulge in healthy diet
London: It`s the start of 2014 so make your body feel better by following simple diet changes. From detaching yourself from tea or coffee to drinking plenty of water one can try a few things to achieve that glow on your face.
According to nutritionist Ilona Wesle, detoxing has many benefits. It can enhance your energy levels, aid weight loss, clear the skin and improve digestion, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
Here are tips to make you healthy:
Avoid black tea, coffee and alcohol. Instead drink herbal tea, for example nettle is great at supporting the kidneys.
Drink at least 1 litre of water per day. Keep a bottle by your desk and sip regularly.
Drink fresh juices, for instance carrot, beetroot, apple and cucumber as they are fantastically nourishing and cleansing.
Avoid processed foods for instance ready meals, savoury snacks and biscuits. Instead eat food in its natural state. Cook it by steaming, lightly boiling or poaching - this way you will keep most of the goodness in the food (and retain the full flavour).
Choose organic food in order to minimise your intake of toxic pesticides. Even if you can`t make every item organic, do the best you can - it will make a difference.
Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables per day. At lunchtime and for dinner, aim to cover at least 60 percent of your plate with vegetables and eat as much variety as possible.
Reduce your consumption of animal products. Avoid dairy and replace milk with soya or nut milks. Lentils, beans, quinoa, seeds and nuts are good protein alternatives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss 10: Ranveer Singh – Vaani Kapoor entertaintain contestants; Elena Kazan gets evicted
- Bigg Boss 10: Manu Punjabi to make a comeback on Salman Khan's show?
- Relationships, friendships and more: Karan Johar reveals the truth about actors
- Ranveer Singh prefers to protect his personal life!
- Seven times Karisma Kapoor gave us serious fashion goals
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall