Newest way to lose weight: Think yourself thin
New York: Could hypnotism be the answer for those who are desperate to shed those extra pounds but don’t want to risk surgery? Well, it’s reportedly the latest trend in the diet world.
According to a news daily, in a successful clinic in Spain, hypnotherapists Martin and Marion Shirran are using a combination of hypnotism and an educational program to help patients lose weight without having an operation.
In their new book, “Shirrans’ Solution: The Gastric Mind Band,” the Shirrans describe the technique they say convinces users their tummies have shrunk - and that they must eat less, reports a news daily.
The couple, who call their program the “gastric mind band,” use hypnotherapy to put their patients through the process of getting a virtual gastric band – right down to the hospital sound effects and smells.
The point is to make patients think and feel like they’ve actually had the banding surgery.
In a gastric band surgery, the banded stomach is reduced to the point where the most the patient can consume per meal is about six tablespoons of food, compared to a typical meal that would measure the size of two clenched fists.
The Shirrans expand upon the ideas they say have helped their clients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Freeze frame! ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan and ‘Aarfa’ Anushka Sharma in a ‘romantic’ still – See pic
- Have you seen Urmila Matondkar, hubby Mohsin Akhtar's LATEST pic?
- This sexy Bollywood doll colours her hair pink! See Pic
- This Shiva Temple in Pakistan dates back to the times of Mahabharata
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall