Not abs, health matters for Arjun Kapoor
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Kapoor was almost 140 kg before he forayed into acting, but leading a "balanced" lifestyle helped him lose excess weight. He laments how fitness has become more about the number of pack of abs that one has.
"It`s unfortunate that now fitness has become about how many abs you have. But health is equally important," the 28-year-old said here at Body Power Expo.
"You don`t need to have abs to be healthy. You need to lead a very balanced life. You can`t be just saying `I have abs so I am healthy`. Your lifestyle has to be balanced and that is what leads to healthier, longer life," he added.
Arjun, son of producer Boney Kapoor, made his Bollywood debut with the 2011 film ‘Ishaqzaade’. He shed about 50 kg to perfect his shape and look for the film.
The actor even sweated out for his looks and body in his last release ‘Gunday’ and was applauded for his fit frame.
Now he follows a strict, balanced diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral Video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing