Now, learn self-defence for free
New Delhi: With crimes against women increasing, the need has been felt for every woman being able to possess the basic knowledge about self-defence -- and to meet this need, sports and fitness consultancy firm Endzone has announced free self-defence camps for women.
The capital has, of late, witnessed number of crimes against women and the most recent was the gang-rape of a 23-year-old girl in a moving bus Dec 16, which shook the entire nation.
According to Divyu Gupta, vice president of Endzone, knowing the techniques of self-defence helps build confidence among women.
"Today, when women`s safety is at stake, we believe that it is time that maximum awareness about self-defence is created. Although we`ve been conducting classes for quite some time now, we feel that we must do more in order to reach out to as many women as possible," Gupta said in a statement.
"As an initiative, we are announcing Free Self Defence workshops in Delhi and NCR for girls and women of all age groups," he added.
The workshops will be conducted in January and one can get the details from the website endzone.co.in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Know what Salman Khan tweeted after Rajasthan High Court acquitted him in two black buck poaching cases
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall