Painful joints impact sex life: Survey
Los Angeles: Painful joints have become a bigger and more real reason than the good old excuse of "having a headache" for people abstaining from physical intimacy, according to new research.
Arthritis Research Britain conducted the survey to reveal the everyday challenges couples face in their relationships, and to raise awareness of the challenges faced by people with Arthritis and joint pain to stay intimate in their relationships.
Two-thirds of the respondents between the age group of 55-69 felt that their relationship was less intimate than when they first got together and nearly a quarter of married couples say they’re unsatisfied with their current love life.
Nearly a third of the couples surveyed don’t cuddle or hold hands enough anymore, nearly half feel that they aren’t having enough sex and have sex less often than once a fortnight, reports a website.
“As we rush around leading busy lives, it’s easy for relationships to suffer. The survey shows that couples want to be more physically intimate with one another, holding hands, having a cuddle and having sex are all important to keep a healthy relationship,” said sex expert Tracey Cox.
Joint pain can affect many parts of the body including hands, hips, knees, fingers, back and neck. This makes movements that many of us take for granted, like having sex, holding hands or cuddling incredibly painful.
Previous studies have shown that 13 percent of people with Arthritis found joint pain impacted their sex life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bill Murray receives Mark Twain prize
- Rock On 2 TRAILER OUT! Shraddha Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar and team strike the right chord
- Rangoon diaries: Kangana Ranaut REVEALS about her experience of changing clothes behind rocks!
- Ajay Devgn's BIGGEST fear is losing loved ones
- Anoushka Shankar coming to India for six city tour
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall