Pete Doherty checks into rehab
London: Rocker Pete Doherty has checked into rehab in Thailand to cure his addiction to cocaine and heroin.
The Libertines frontman flew to Thailand yesterday to deal with his substance issue, reported Daily Star.
"Peter has left the building, well not quite, more the country, on his way to rehab in Thailand. He left Heathrow last night and will have arrived in Thailand this morning.
"We wish him well. He has plans to continue working on his new songs for the album which is eagerly awaited," a statement on the singer`s official website read.
Doherty, 33, who had a turbulent relationship with supermodel Kate Moss between 2005 and 2007, has a long-standing history of drug addiction.
He has been to rehab numerous times before. The troubled star was most recently sentenced to six months in jail for possessing cocaine in May last year.
Doherty originally announced he was planning on heading back to rehab in April, and confessed he was "kind of sticking" to his attempts to come off drugs.
"You have to reach an all-time low apparently. Before you truly surrender. I`ve got a long way to go," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Shivaay' brand new POSTER will give you chills! View pic
- Shah Rukh Khan's HONEST reaction to Salman Khan's 'raped woman' remark! Full story inside
- Bipasha Basu's gorgeous bride avatar on Femina Wedding Times cover! See PIC
- Good news! Fawad Khan to become daddy dear a second time
- Bhai-Bhai! Shah Rukh Khan CYCLING with Salman Khan will wash away your morning blues
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall