Philip Seymour Hoffman admits heroin abuse
New York: Philip Seymour Hoffman has admitted that he spent ten days at an undisclosed East Coast detox facility earlier this month after he began taking heroin.
The 45-year-old actor, who in the past has struggled with drug abuse, kicked the habit 23 years back but again fell victim to it a year ago.
The Academy Award winner told TMZ.com that the habit started slowly with prescription pills but escalated to snorting heroin in recent times, asserting that the heroin use lasted about a week before he realized the need of help, so he got himself admitted to a detox facility on the East Coast.
Hoffman said that he was at the facility for 10 days and checked out last Friday.
He credited his great group of pals and family for helping him seek the treatment for his addiction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim ‘apology’ post row: THESE Bollywood celebrities have extended support
- Hrithik Roshan, Ronit Roy lock horns in new dialogue promo of 'Kaabil' – Watch
- Not scared of being stereotyped: Aditya Roy Kapur
- Vivek Oberoi returns from Sabarimala, becomes Guruswami
- Anil Kapoor reacts to daughter Sonam Kapoor's Filmfare award win for 'Neerja'
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall