Placido Domingo home from hospital
Madrid: Placido Domingo has been released from the Madrid medical center where he was admitted last week for treatment of a pulmonary embolism, the tenor announced on his Twitter account.
"Going home..." was Domingo`s brief message, completed with two photos showing him getting into a car and waving.
The tenor, 72, suffered a pulmonary embolism as a result of a venous thromboembolism, and the time needed for his recovery will prevent him from singing at the Spanish Royal Theater in the opera "Il Postino" by Daniel Catan, which he premiered in September 2010 in Los Angeles and in which he portrays Chilean poet Pablo Neruda.
Domingo had five performances scheduled, the first of them July 17, but as a result of his condition, understudy Vicente Ombuena will take over for him in the role.
The day after he was hospitalized, the tenor`s representatives issued a statement saying that "because of doctors` orders, he will be forced to remain under medical supervision and obligatory rest for three to four weeks".
Nor will the tenor be able to conduct the Valencia Community Orchestra as planned July 21 in Madrid`s Plaza Mayor in its popular free concert performing works by Verdi and Wagner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baywatch' trailer is out! Lifeguards Dwayne Johnson, Zac Efron save the beach, Priyanka Chopra turn heads
- Manu Punjabi to re-enter the 'Bigg Boss 10' house tonight?
- Aman Verma and Vandana Lalwani all set to tie the knot on THIS date!
- Anoushka Shankar urges Maharashtra government to help horses
- Kareena Kapoor Khan’s pregnancy: Know what mom-in-law Sharmila Tagore has to say
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall