Pratyusha Banerjee too skinny to look vulgar!
Mumbai: In her small screen "biwi no.1" avatar as Anandi, actress Pratyusha Banerjee is seen in traditional ghaghra-choli. But for dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5’, she will wear skimpy skirts and believes her slim frame won`t make her to look vulgar.
"I think all bahus (daughters-in-law) should turn glamorous somewhere down the line so that she can prove that she`s not only Biwi No.1, she can be the girl number one as well," Pratyusha told reporters.
The 20-year-old stepped into the role of Anandi, an ideal bahu, two years back, and has been living the character day in and day out.
Will viewers accept her new look?
"I think our viewers will love it. If they love me as Anandi, they will love me as Pratyusha as well. Besides, I am not wearing anything loud that I`ll look vulgar. Thankfully, I`m too skinny to look vulgar in any kind of clothes. And I am sure people will take my look positively," she said.
Pratyusha is among the 12 celebrity contestants of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ this season. It is a new experience for her in terms of learning western dance forms, as well as an attempt to break out of Anandi`s mould.
"This is one step ahead towards emerging out of my image. People have told me I`m looking awesome in the promos. So I believe people enjoy looking at me in a different avatar. So if this clicks up, I am sure I will be able to come out of Anandi`s character."
"Apart from that, I love dancing! I have learnt a bit of Kathak in the past. But I`m nil at what I`m going to do in `Jhalak...`. I am just being a good student and learning constantly through my rehearsals. Hip-hop, Salsa, Rumba, Samba and all these dance forms are new for me," she added.
At such a young age, the Jamshedpur girl has dedicated all her time to Colors.
"The shooting schedules are difficult as my show `Balika Vadhu` has taken a big turn. I don`t get holidays. I shoot half a day for `Jhalak...` and half a day for `Balika Vadhu`. I feel like I am Colors` baby. All I want in life is to be busy, and that I am, and I am totally enjoying it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall