Mumbai: At 39, Preity Zinta is fit and glowing. She says it's easy to be healthy as long as one checks portions of food, drinks water and controls carbohydrate intake.
The actress took to Twitter to share that it was last year that she sat up and took notice of the fact that she suffered back ache due to a lack of Vitamin D.
“I then found out that most Indians have this deficiency,” she tweeted Monday.
Now she wants her Twitter followers to be fit too. Here’s what she shared:
* Eat smaller portions of food and at least six to seven small meals.
* Drink lots of water.
* Avoid too much starch and carbohydrates like white bread, pasta and rice. Go for whole wheat or whole grains and brown bread.
* Avoid fruit juices and eat a whole fruit instead. Fruit juices have too much sugar in them. Too much sugar and salt are terrible for you.
* Try exercising in the morning on an empty stomach. If you cannot do any exercise then at least go for a walk. Brisk walk is amazing for you.
* Eat whatever you want in one day so it's ur cheat day. This helps you to maintain your diet for the week.
* Be happy and smile a lot. Nothing can give you better health than being happy and appreciating all the things and people you have around you.
* Eat slowly and chew a lot. Also sit down and enjoy your meal. Eating fast means eating a lot with very little satisfaction.
* Try dancing to your favourite song five times in a row...If you can bounce up and down five times in a row your cardio for the day is done.
* Drink at least two glasses of water when you wake up and eat something within the first 15 minutes of waking up. Best thing for your body.