Queen Latifah regrets using alcohol for pain relief
London: Rapper-turned-actress Queen Latifah regrets drinking alcohol in the past to overcome her tough times.
The 43-year-old `Joyful Noise` actress said she spent years drinking to numb her pain after she was involved in a violent carjacking in 1995, reported Contactmusic.
"Drinking a bunch of alcohol, numbing myself. Every day I would be faded, like a painting that`s just not vibrant, whose edges are dull. I wasn`t living my full life," said Latifah.
The `Chicago` star also confessed her life was "rocked to the core" when her older brother crashed a motorcycle which she gifted him, and died in 1992.
"I think I got to that place by not being happy with the other side - hating your body and criticising yourself all the time.
When I was around 18, I looked in the mirror and said, `You`re either going to love yourself or hate yourself.` And I decided to love myself. That changed a lot of things," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall