Rachel Weisz loved turning 40
London: Actress Rachel Weisz has said she loved turning 40 as she tied the knot with James Bond hunk Daniel Craig and fulfilled many of her acting dreams in the year.
The 42-year-old actress didn`t mind reaching the milestone age because she wed Craig in 2011 and took on more "interesting" and "complicated" characters on both the stage and the big screen, reported The Telegraph.
"When I turned 40 it was one of the best years of my life; I played Blanche in `A Streetcar Named Desire`, Hester Collyer in `The Deep Blue Sea` and got married - none of which I`d ever done before. As you age the characters you play get more interesting, more complicated," said Weisz.
She portrays scheming Wicked Witch of the East Evanora in `Oz the Great and Powerful` - a prequel to 1939 movie `The Wizard of Oz` - and admitted part of her reasoning for taking on the part was because her alter-ego is "entirely different" to the "emotional characters" she tends to play.
"It`s impossible to define what makes me want to do a script; there`s no formula. I just knew I`d been playing earth-bound, emotional characters and this was entirely different and I`m always greedy for new experiences.
"`The Wizard of Oz` was the first film I remember seeing and I was really, really scared, but then fairy tales are supposed to help children explore the concepts of good and evil, even if they are peeping out from behind a chair in terror."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says, Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall