Rajnikanth hospitalised for `check-ups`
Chennai: Tamil superstar Rajnikant, who suffered from viral fever and exhaustion recently, has been admitted to a private hospital here for `various check-ups.`
The 61 year-old actor was admitted last night to the Sri Ramachandra Medical University (SRMU) at suburban Porur, days after he was discharged from another hospital where he had been treated for allergic bronchitis and viral fever.
"Rajnikant has been admitted for various check-ups and not for any treatment", SRMU sources said.
Rajnikant`s family had on Friday dismissed as rumours reports that his health had deteriorated.
The actor had suffered from exhaustion on April 29, the first day of the shoot of his new period film `Rana` co-starring Deepika Padukone which is being directed by K S Ravikumar.
He was admitted to the Isabel Hospital in the city and discharged the same day only to be readmitted there on May 4 for allergic bronchitis and viral fever.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall