Randy Travis is awake and alert after stroke, says doctor
Washington: Randy Travis, who suffered a stroke on July 7 after being hospitalized for presumptive cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure, is on the road to recovery, according to his doctors.
During a videotaped interview, the country singer`s doctor Dr. Gary Erwin, said that Travis is awake and alert, interacting with his family and friends, People magazine reported.
The physician asserted in the clip that the 54-year-old star has already begun doing some early physical therapy.
Although Erwin believes that the ailing ` I Told You So ` hit maker would remain in the hospital for another two to three weeks to stabilize his heart, he insisted that Travis is breathing with the help of the ventilator and they hope to have him weaned off of that very soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan's sherni Anushka Sharma heads to Patiala for 'Phillauri' shoot! – View pic
- Adah Sharma gears up for action-packed 'Commando 2' – View pics
- Prince's 'Purple Rain' jacket set for auction
- Wanted to do something in English: Jacqueline Fernandez
- These workout pictures, video of Karan Patel will make you hit the gym!
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall