Richard Gere injured, shooting put off
London: Actor Richard Gere has dislocated his shoulder while filming a fight scene for "The Double", causing production to be put on hold for six weeks.
Gere insisted on doing the fight scene with the British actor Tamer Hassan for "The Double".
Hassan says that his illustrious co-star, who turned 61 this week, should, however, be given top marks for his pluck, reports telegraph.co.uk.
"We had been rehearsing for four weeks every night and Richard was great, but he had a problem with his shoulder," said Hassan, who is 19 years Gere`s junior.
"I said, `Look, Richard, just slip in where you can.` But, oh, no, not Richard, he went: `I want to do it.` He did it and dislocated his shoulder."
Hassan, who made the headlines earlier this year when he became involved in a real-life fight with his fellow hard-man actor Vinnie Jones, says that, even now, Gere is not prepared to call in the services of a stunt man.
"So the production has closed down for six weeks because of Richard`s shoulder and I just got told on Monday that he is going to come back and do it himself again. So fair play to him, and he looks as beautiful as he always did."
Most actors at least like to give the impression that they do their own stunts. A notable exception is Sir Roger Moore, who, refreshingly, made no bones about sitting out his action sequences in the James Bond films.
When his stunt double Martin Grace died earlier this year, Sir Roger, 82, said: "He was the bravest man I`ve ever known."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall