Rihanna sparks outrage by tweeting marijuana pic on Valentine’s Day
London: Rihanna has sparked a fresh controversy by tweeting a snap of a marijuana joint and a thick cloud of smoke on Valentine’s Day.
It included the slogan: “Mary Jane will be my Valentine”, in reference to a slang term for the drug. She then added the caption: “Love me...I’m #DOPE,” the Daily Star reported
Twitter followers were left reeling by the singer’s pro-drugs post, with furious mum Angie Cormier writing: “don’t tweet this crap!! My daughter looks up to you! I hope she knows not to do drugs.”
Connie Priestley added: “Rihanna makes me feel sick the way she exposes drugs all over Instagram, like young girls don’t follow her. Do it in private.”
And Julie Browne was sarcastic saying: “Rihanna is SUCH a great role model for young women – sex drugs violence and nudity.”
The singer has been widely criticised since her reunion with Brown, who assaulted her before the Grammy Awards in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan to debut as tiger ambassador on Tuesday
- Jenner-Kardashian women grace Cosmopolitan's cover
- 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' will be super duper hit: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- See in pics: Varun Dhawan's 'Dilwale' diaries!