Robin Gibb slips into coma as docs fear he only has days to live
London: Robin Gibb is lying in a coma raising fears that he is in the final stages of cancer. The Bee Gees star’s family were keeping a bedside vigil, praying for the 62-year-old’s survival.
According to a leading daily, he appeared to have made a recovery from liver and colon cancer this year, but doctors believe a second tumour may be present. He has also developed pneumonia.
The singer’s wife Dwina, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, were at his bedside at a private hospital in Chelsea, West London.
“Our prayers are with Robin. He has kept so positive and always believed he could beat this. Sadly, it looks like he has developed pneumonia, which is very bad in his situation,” a leading daily has quoted a family friend as saying.
“If there is anyone you would put money on pulling through such a dire situation, it would be Robin because he is a fighter. But this is a battle he will struggle to win,” the source added.
Gibb revealed his battle with cancer in October 2010. He had emergency surgery to treat a blocked bowel, before a further operation to treat a twisted bowel. Colon cancer was then discovered and it spread to his liver.
His twin brother Maurice died of complications resulting from a twisted intestine in 2003, aged 53.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Want to make your loved one's birthday special? Watch how to make handmade cards!
- Sidharth Malhotra, Katrina Kaif look super HOT in new 'Kala Chashma' stills! You will 'Baar Baar Dekho' it
- S H Raza was a secularist in the true sense: Fraternity
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', rakes in Rs 40 cr on opening day!
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall