Sarah Michelle Gellar suffers from body dysmorphic disorder
London: Sarah Michelle Gellar has revealed that she suffers from body dysmorphic disorder.
According to the latest issue of Health Magazine, the 34-year-old actress, who suffers from the same insecurities as many of the female population, pacifies herself by remembering that she’s a human and a mother.
“I’m a female! I totally have body dysmorphic disorder. I think most women do,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
“A make-up artist friend once said ‘I don’t think I’ve ever seen you look in a mirror’. I’m surrounded by them all the time - you sit in hair and make-up - so I guess I just have this mechanism where I tune it out.
“So every once in a while, I’ll look and I’ll be like, ‘Wait, that’s what I look like?’ I just have to remember that I’m human, and I’m a mom.
“Being a parent changes the vanity at least a little bit. It has to. Your priorities are different,” she stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mindfulness meditation improves health - Here's how
- By keeping your kitchen clean, you can stay slim - Here’s how
- Health benefits of drinking water on empty stomach – Watch video
- Worried about broken sleep? Know why you wake up at night - Watch video
- Winter 2015: Stock up cabinet with easy to make lip balms