Save animals, be vegetarian: Anupama Verma
New Delhi: Clutching the meat hook with her body wrapped in cellophane, model-actress Anupama Verma poses for a new advertisement for People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) that urges people to follow vegetarian lifestyle.
"I hope my PETA ad helps challenge people to really think about what `meat` is. Eating flesh means eating the corpse of a tortured animal who did not want to die. We are encouraging people to try going vegetarian - for animals, the environment and their own health," Varma said in a statement.
The advertisement is shot by ace photographer Rafique Sayed and the caption reads - `Try to Relate to Who Is on Your Plate".
Varma, who modelled for a lot of consumer products, participated in the first season of controversial reality show ‘Bigg Boss’.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!